The order of the rainbow spectrum is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet (Roy G. Biv – the way to remember the colors of the rainbow). A double rainbow is formed when there are two reflections inside a raindrop. The secondary rainbow tends to be fainter than the first and it also displays the colors in the reverse order from the primary rainbow.
5 Fun Facts:
1. Sir Isaac Newton discovered the seven distinct colors of the visible spectrum.
2. The rainbow is a reflection of perfect balance of the physical world.
3. The rainbow spectrum helps us to understand the physical nature of the Universe.
4. A rainbow is light refracted through millions of droplets of water.
5. The angle of light refraction to create a rainbow is 42 degrees to the eye of the observer.
Paul Vasquez – “Oh my God, it’s a double complete rainbow in my front yard!” “I’m a pretty happy guy,” Vasquez admits. I mean, there’s some other videos on my YouTube page where I was a little high, but not this one.”