The use of color therapy has been around for a very long time, with the earliest recording dated 2500 years ago, when, color halls were established for healing purposes all over ancient Egypt and China.
Color therapy, also known as chromotherapy, is often facilitated in the healing rooms of alternative health practitioners. Color therapy is classified as a vibrational healing modality. Color is simply a form of visible light, of electromagnetic energy. All the primary colors reflected in the rainbow carry their own unique healing properties. The sun alone is a wonderful healer! Just imagine what life would be like without sunshine.
The order of the rainbow spectrum is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet (Roy G. Biv – the way to remember the colors of the rainbow). A double rainbow is formed when there are two reflections inside a raindrop. The secondary rainbow tends to be fainter than the first and it also displays the colors in the reverse order from the primary rainbow.
5 Fun Facts:
1. Sir Isaac Newton discovered the seven distinct colors of the visible spectrum.
2. The rainbow is a reflection of perfect balance of the physical world.
3. The rainbow spectrum helps us to understand the physical nature of the Universe.
4. A rainbow is light refracted through millions of droplets of water.
5. The angle of light refraction to create a rainbow is 42 degrees to the eye of the observer.
There’s something exotic about beautiful pastel colors set among a backdrop of far flung vacations. You probably have some snapshots in your own vacation memories albums. What follows is a collection of fantastic colorfully painted homes and businesses that give each of these locations a dramatic feel. Continue reading